Saturday, 3 December 2011

Christmas in the air

Corinne in the Christmas store!
After staying up rather late last night, I allowed myself to sleep late, which I would have done anyway, having no other appointments... Nonetheless, after a slightly lazy morning, Corinne popped in to ask me if I wanted to go and look for the IKEA store (not exactly IKEA, but something similar in a Russian way) which is nearby to try and buy some stuff for art and also to just have a bit of a look around... I took my time getting ready, and then we decided to go and look for it, despite the -17ºC and the fact that neither one of us really knew where this place was. Fortunately we found it without too much trouble and bustled around the shop for a few hours, trying to find some wire of the right strength and flexibility. Sadly, we had no luck in IKEA, although we managed to find some wall hooks, which we hope may prove to be better than the previous ones which delighted in dumping all of our clothes on the floor. We did, however, in IKEA, find a load of Russian christmas decorations - a lot of it, admittedly, very tasteless, but some of it was actually quite nice...

As we had no other plans, and everyone else is in Arshan, we went to OK next and had a look around, it really is a big food store, and may take precedence over KEDR at some point, if I can stop being so lazy and start going shopping there more often. We also checked out a few more stores in the same building and were lucky enough to find the correct wire for the art project, which was good. Having not had lunch by about 16:00, we headed back towards the residence, stopping off to get some food on the way, as all I had left were a load of eggs and half a bottle of milk, which although tasty, may have limited use as a source of sustenance.

Since then, the rest of the day has been spent lazily hanging around in the residence, a lot of knitting, has meant I've finally finished one of the scarves I've been working on, and am now a bit more knowledgeable of the art of knitting since doing so... I failed to turn up to the Vogue Café, where I had arranged to meet the people I met yesterday at the ice skating rink, as I forgot to check my mobile phone until an hour after the time I had been told in a previous message which I only read at that time... This definitely proves Danya's point that I'm very bad indeed with phone communication, something which I had not realised until now!

No comments:

Post a Comment