| Leaflet on Japanese Encephalitis |
As I waited in the Student Health Centre for the blood test I was browsing the leaflets which had been left scattered around, one of which caught my eye, as it suggested a vaccination against Japanese Encephalitis for people travelling to Asia. This got me thinking about other vaccinations which I needed, so I checked a website the doctor suggested, www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk, and realised that I should really get vaccinations for several of the diseases in eastern Russia and in Asia. Hopefully when I go to pick up the test results on Monday morning I should be able to find out if its possible for me to get vaccinations for these too.
I also finally decided it was time for me to book a flight to Russia. Sadly, after much debate with MM over the pros and cons of each, we decided it would be cheaper and less stressful to travel to Irkutsk by plane rather than getting the Trans-Siberian railway, especially as the websites selling tickets for the train were being supremely unhelpful. The plane I finally decided to get, although have yet to book, as we are waiting for confirmation from IY leaves London on the 31st, arriving at Irkutsk on the 1st of September, passing through Moscow Domodedovo Airport. It is truly a shame that we have been unable to book passage on the train, but it will be just as good to be there and finally settled in before we start travelling through Russia and beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment