 |
| View out of my room 31.10.2011 |
The title of this post speaks for itself really! Awoke this morning to find snow pouring down outside, which urged me to go and bring the washing in! After breakfast, and messing around a home a bit, I finally got the courage together to go to university. I left late, and lived my first snowy bus experience. Strangely enough, it was far less scary than you would imagine, seeing as there was no way of seeing out of the windows of the bus, and it was hard enough to find our own bus stop! Eventually I got off the bus (I met Yoonah and one of her friends on the bus too) and walked to the university - a walk which got me very wet indeed!
 |
| Lara in the snow |
The roads are not cleared completely as they would be done in Europe with salt or with a snow-tractor, but are left to turn to sludge as the cars and buses roll through. I found this quite amusing, although it was slightly dangerous to cross the slippery, icy road!
It kept snowing for the whole day, even when we left lessons (Rima gave us a load of new vocabulary related to snow). I did get my passport, and Corinne's to Iraida in the foreign office to get my visa changed to a long-stay, multi-entry visa. Hopefully I should have it back by tomorrow, as otherwise I'll just be wandering around the city visa-less..!
:-)
ReplyDelete